cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay Integration Error 153 There was an error processing the payment data. Invalid ownership.

I'm attempting to integrate Google Pay with Authorize.net on our site.

I'm to the final step of sending the data (info and token) from GooglePay to the authorize.net sandbox and I'm getting this returned:

errorCode":"153","errorText":"There was an error processing the payment data. Invalid ownership.

Here's the request I'm sending:

{
"createTransactionRequest": {
"merchantAuthentication": {
"name": "REDACTED",
"transactionKey": "REDACTED"
},
"refId": "123456",
"transactionRequest": {
"transactionType": "authOnlyTransaction",
"amount": "29.38",
"payment": {
"opaqueData": {
"dataDescriptor": "COMMON.GOOGLE.INAPP.PAYMENT",
"dataValue": "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!3aTNNRS9aMDJOYjBVZFhjcVQzVktBM2d6YUJoWFlRajVocEZPajgrdG4raUNyMUxIQngwRTBcXHUwMDNkXCIsXCJ0YWdcIjpcImpKUC8rSEJlVGwxV0RhRjkrekp3VElTeXZKSHlIMFlRTC9ERTExQTBPRThcXHUwMDNkXCJ9In0="
}
},"lineItems": {"lineItem": {
"itemId": "4664",
"name": "123456PartNumber",
"description": "123456PartNumber",
"quantity": "1",
"unitPrice": "15.84"
}},
"tax": {
"amount": "1.39",
"name": "Tax",
"description": "Tax"
},
"duty": {
"amount": "2.15",
"name": "Tariff Recovery Fee",
"description": "Tariff Recovery Fee"
},
"shipping": {
"amount": "10.00",
"name": "Shipping",
"description": "Shipping"
},
"poNumber": "",
"billTo": {
"firstName": "",
"lastName": "",
"company": "",
"address": "",
"city": "",
"state": "",
"zip": "",
"country": ""
},
"shipTo": {
"firstName": "Bob,
"lastName": "Burger",
"company": "",
"address": "1010 South Monroe Street ",
"city": "Spokane",
"state": "WA",
"zip": "99216",
"country": "US"
},
"customerIP": "73.233.134.139"
}
}
}

the datavalue is the token from GooglePay base64 encoded

The name and tranaction key I got from https://sandbox.authorize.net/ under API Credentials & Keys.

How can I troubleshoot this further?

I've tried changing the transaction types to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

aniemi
9 REPLIES 9

Any ideas? Does anyone have working examples?

aniemi

Google Pay with Authorize.net:

Failed Transaction.

Error Code: 153

Error Message: There was an error processing the payment data. Unable to decrypt data.

IndigoCard Login

Google Pay with Authorize.net:

Failed Transaction.

Error Code: 153

Error Message: There was an error processing the payment data. Unable to decrypt data.

IndigoCard

Kozey

Can anyone confirm that authrorize.net and google pay are even still compatible?

Based on some of the other posts I'm seeing in this forum, it makes me think they're not.

TIA

aniemi

@aniemi Did you manage to get a response to your last question? I'm waiting for their support team to respond as I've got the same issue.

Unfortunately no :(

Oh man, that sucks, it's been 4 days for me and still no response from their support team, hopefully they'll reply this week.

I also have the same problem, and also contacted authorize support, and escalated it to their engineers, and they said that the error is happening because the AndroidPay/GooglePay wasn't enabled on the account. And when my client tried turning it on, it asked for a Keyset ID, and it is not explained to what exactly does that ID refer to. Tried searching online but so far didn't find anything. My client did enter some random numbers, and it showed it was enabled, but still got the same error.

mspoljar

Guys, does anyone have a solution for that?

umarmaqbool