cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to do AVS using CIM

I'm using CIM to handle customer payment profile.  Is it possible to enable AVS for each transaction using CIM? It seems that AVS is only used when a new payment profile is created, but it's not used for each transaction thereafter once a payment profile has been created.

I was able to enable CCV for each transaction using CIM (first, mark CardCode as required in form data, then provide it in CIM::createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest()).  However, when I tried to mark address as required, CIM::createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest() failed because it expects to see billing address but there is no way to provide it. I have read through the CIM API document (http://www.authorize.net/support/CIM_XML_guide.pdf, pages 26-30) many times, but can't find the field to enter billing address.  On the other hand, CCV worked fine because there is a field (cardCode) in the API.

Does anyone know how to use AVS in CIM::createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest()?

jobs2careers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just try it on my test account, and look like it is working. Did you pass in all the billing info

<extraOptions><![CDATA[x_address=1234 street&x_city=thisCity&x_state=XY&x_zip=12345]]></extraOptions>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You might be able to use the extraOptions fields for this.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I tried to add x_address but didn't work.

Did the x_address info show up on the directResponse of the createCustomerProfileTransactionResponse?

Just try it on my test account, and look like it is working. Did you pass in all the billing info

<extraOptions><![CDATA[x_address=1234 street&x_city=thisCity&x_state=XY&x_zip=12345]]></extraOptions>