cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to enable users to pay each other in my app?

Hi.

I am pretty new to Authorise.net and by what I can see from the docs it's a great platform.

I have a one question.

How to allow user to pay other user when he wants to buy his product online?

I guess each user should have a merchant account on Authorise.net?

If yes, what would be the easiest way to create that account? Any HTML form to copy to our website?

And when they create account, I guess we should store their info somewhere in our system, associate them with particular user and use it for later payments. How we specify payment destination?

I did not find a part of the doc that addresses this question, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

AzSoft22
3 REPLIES 3
Is there a simple button to show at our website, something like Connect payment account. The click to this should eventually open a popup window which would enable the user to register.

Then, is there a webhook when the account is registered, so we can have API login id and transaction key and store it to our database, for user's payments?

Thanks in advance,
AzSoft22

On your Android phone, go to your payment methods in Google Play. Tap Add a payment method. Choose the payment method you want to add. Follow the on-screen instructions.

websopedia02

I've stepped through the code multipel times. Returning null is difficult to debug. I'll reinstall Fiddler and see if I can get more, but as I said I used the code basically as is. I only changed it to take inputs from a form. 

As it's public code:

ApiOperationBase<ANetApiRequest, ANetApiResponse>.RunEnvironment = AuthorizeNet.Environment.SANDBOX;

ApiOperationBase<ANetApiRequest, ANetApiResponse>.MerchantAuthentication = new merchantAuthenticationType()
{
name = id,
ItemElementName = ItemChoiceType.transactionKey,
Item = key,
};

var creditCard = new creditCardType
{

cardNumber = cardNum,
expirationDate = expire,
cardCode = ccv
};

var billingAddress = new customerAddressType
{
firstName = firstName,
lastName = lastName,
address = address,
city = city,
zip = zip,
state = state
};

//standard api call to retrieve response
var paymentType = new paymentType { Item = creditCard };

// Add line Items
var lineItems = new lineItemType[1];
lineItems[0] = new lineItemType { itemId = "1", name = "Membership", quantity = 1, unitPrice = new Decimal(20.00) };

var transactionRequest = new transactionRequestType
{
transactionType = transactionTypeEnum.authCaptureTransaction.ToString(), // charge the card

amount = charge,
payment = paymentType,
billTo = billingAddress,
lineItems = lineItems
};

var request = new createTransactionRequest { transactionRequest = transactionRequest };

// instantiate the controller that will call the service
var controller = new createTransactionController(request);
controller.Execute();

// get the response from the service (errors contained if any)
var response = controller.GetApiResponse();

// validate response
if (response != null && response.messages.resultCode == messageTypeEnum.Ok)
{

returnModel.Code = response.transactionResponse.responseCode;
returnModel.Authorization = response.transactionResponse.authCode;
returnModel.AvsResponse = response.transactionResponse.avsResultCode;
returnModel.Reason = response.transactionResponse.messages[0].description;
returnModel.Transaction = response.transactionResponse.messages[0].code;
returnModel.TransactionId = response.transactionResponse.transId;

var user = await AddZineUserAsync(await UserManager.FindByNameAsync(User.Identity.Name));

}
else
{
returnModel = new CardModel
{
Reason = response != null ? response.transactionResponse.errors[0].errorCode : "-1",
Transaction = response != null ? response.transactionResponse.errors[0].errorText : "The error was not correctly returned. Please try again. Your card was not charged.",
};
}

sxcscooters