cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund returns "provided access token is invalid"

I'm following the PHP example for Refunding a transaction and I'm betting back E00124 The provided access token is invalid.

Working in the sandbox, I can charge a card and I can void a transaction, but I keep getting this error on doing a refund. Any ideas?

alecsmythe
3 REPLIES 3

Nevermind ... I think I figured it out. Params are not getting set like I thought.

alecsmythe

There are two ways to fix the error: (RECOMMENDED) Change the application signature algorithm to RS256 instead of HS256. Change the value of your responseType parameter to token id_token (instead of the default), so that you receive an access token in the response.

Virginiaes

When clicking on the link it says, "Page Not Found". The only documentation I found was this page and the pages it refers to. But this is not thorough developer documentation as you find it e.g. on this API Reference page. And the documentation that comes with the In-Person SDK for Android is also nowhere near that thorough. In fact, when following the instructions given with the In-Person SDK it wouldn't work. The best "documentation" available so far is the sample app, but that doesn't explain the background (like that you seemingly cannot run this in a Background Service but need an Activity because the SDK will add their own Actvity e.g. for signature capture) nor does it provide details on the available classes, functions and their parameters etc.

sxcscooters