cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating EMV with existing in-person Web-based POS system

We have been using Auth.net for over 10 years now for online and in-person credit card processing.  Our POS system is web-based for desktop and works fine with mag strip cards.  EMV is a whole different world.  We have gotten the BBPOS chipper to work for our iOS/Android POS versions but in-person desktop (web-based) EMV has been nearly impossible to get a straight answer.

Nearly every time I call Auth.net or POS Portal, I am told something different.  Can anyone answer any of these questions:

1) Does the In-Person windows SDK allow EMV on desktop (browser based)?  If not, then what is this SDK for?  An actual application running on windows?

2) If you can use In-Person windows SDK with EMV via web browser, can we do direct integration where it's our POS system or is the only option here the Auth.net proprietary vPOS portal?

3) POS Portal said BBPOS chipper can be used on windows but USB only, not bluetooth.  The Auth.net In-Person SDK references the use of bluetooth.  Anyone know the truth here?  Bluetooth supported or really only USB?

Gafana
1 REPLY 1

AUTHORIZE.NET CUSTOMER SUPPORT RANT

Oh, and for anyone that cares to read, here is a rant about Auth.net support:

Not a single person at Auth.net support helped (Phone + chat). They literally had no idea what I was talking about when I was asking about an SDK, integration instructions, how it all works with Auth.net for desktop EMV, etc. Two different people told me "Oh, that sounds like custom development work. We don't handle that. You will need to ask the company making your software". Fool! WE ARE THE ONES making the software. It's our own software. It's not our job to create an Auth.net SDK and dream up the integration instructions!

I'm completely shocked at how poorly trained Auth.net support staff are. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 27 minutes. I wasted about 35 minutes with a lady who put me on hold for 5 minutes after every question so she could do a search of their support articles. After all of this, she literally did not answer a single specific question I had - She just repeated the generic info I already read off the site. After asking to speak with someone that has more knowledge of the hardware and integration process, she put me on hold, came back and said she just doesn't know the answers to my questions, totally ignoring my request to speak with someone who is knowledgeable about the subject. I told her this is a major decision for us to integrate EMV into our legacy platform and how we can't make this decision without the right information.......aaaaand she hung up on me.
Called back, spoke to a manager, and he proceeded to tell me they work with thousands of major companies that are using Auth.net EMV for their POS solutions. I asked where the documentation and instructions are for the deaktop EMV instructions that *do not* utilize vPOS and again with the "Sorry, we do not deal with any custom development work. You will need to ask your own developers."
Wow...just wow

Gafana