cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent DPM timeout - payment notification stopped at SSL negotiation

We received more than tens DPM timeouts on our production web site during the Christmas. And over the last months we've received probably 80 timeouts. In comparison, we got less than 5 timeouts in the first 11 months of year. 

We did a tracing on our network. When the timeout occurred, we did receive a request from Authorize.net. However the request stopped at the SSL certificate negotiation step. We are using the DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA. It seems some of Authorize.net's servers don't trust the certificate. 

The same issue occurred about five years ago, when we first switched to DigiCert. We contacted the support multiple times but they didn't understand the issue. Eventually we posted a similar message on this forum and Authorize.net acknowledged it was the issue and fixed it. 

ragnarok77
7 REPLIES 7

I've escalated this issue and we'll confirm that we have the necessary certs installed on the servers used for DPM.

But to confirm--are you using https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll, or are you using https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll?

The URLs have different setups for TLS negotiation, so it'd be helpful if we could narrow down which URL is giving you the intermittent issues.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for confirming. I'll follow up once I hear a response on my ticket.

--

@ragnarok77 Could you confirm that the certificate you're referencing has this thumbprint, please?

DigiCert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA Issuer: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
Valid until: 22/Oct/2028
Serial #: 0C:79:A9:44:B0:8C:11:95:20:92:61:5F:E2:6B:1D:83
Thumbprint: 7E2F3A4F8FE8FA8A5730AECA029696637E986F3F

--

Yes that's the certificate we are using. 

Thanks, @ragnarok77 -- I've updated our internal ticket and will let you know as soon as I hear a further update.

--

@ragnarok77 We should be installing the certificate on our servers tonight. Let me know if you see improvement. Thanks.

--