cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library issues in .NET MVC v1 - type or namespace name 'Api' does not exist in the namespace

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Authorize.Net into a custom built shopping cart. For the time being, I'm stuck in .Net MVC 1, and using Visual Studio 2008. I was able to install the AuthorizeNet package and have included it as a reference, but when I include it into my project using the sample code on your site:

using AuthorizeNet.Api.Controllers;
using AuthorizeNet.Api.Contracts.V1;
using AuthorizeNet.Api.Controllers.Bases;

I get this error:

The type or namespace name 'Api' does not exist in the namespace 'AuthorizeNet' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Any idea why I might be getting this error? When I browse into the AuthorizeNet package, I'm not seeing "API" either at the top level (ArbApiSample, AuthorizeNet, AuthorizeNet.APICore) or second level under AuthorizeNet.

Thanks much for any help or direction you can offer,

Brad

chifly1279
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Few Questions:

1. Are you using the latest version of AuthorizeNet SDK - https://www.nuget.org/packages/AuthorizeNet/1.9.0.
  2. Are you using nuget to install the package or you are building AuthorizeNet SDK from source?

We followed the steps listed in the link - http://www.hanselman.com/blog/NuGetSupportForVisualStudio2008.aspx,  to install the latest version of the "AuthorizeNet" package using nuget in VS2008.

The API namespace was recognised properly.

Could you follow these steps and check once.

akankaria
Developer Developer
Developer

Thanks for your response.  

Yes, I used the latest version of the AuthorizeNet SDK, and I used nuget to install the package.

After not hearing anything for several days here, and not getting help from AuthorizeNet phone support, I gave up and went with a different payment gateway that was easier to implement.  My timeline was too tight to spend a bunch of time figuring this out.

Brad