cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Express Checkout for Authorize.Net

Reviewing the integration API reference docs and conducting tests, I can't seem to find how to pass the Invoice Number with a createTransactionRequest for PayPal Express Checkout.

Where in the namespace can we define the "Invoice Number". I expected to find it under "Orders", but it appears that node doesn't exist.

Thanks,

deklerk
5 REPLIES 5

@deklerk

hmm...  It should work by adding the order element as shown below.  I have someone checking but you might give it a whirl and let us know if our documentation is wrong.

</payment>
  <order>
    <invoiceNumber>INV-12345</invoiceNumber>
    <description>Product Description</description>
  </order>
<lineItems>
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

You are correct.

Simply adding that allows us to post invoiceNumber to the API. We are also able to send billTo details.

Since we are using PHP and the JSON API, our solution looks like this:

'order' => array(
    'invoiceNumber' => $id,
    'description' => 'Lorem ipsum',
),
'billTo' => array(
    'firstName' => 'John',
    'lastName' => 'Doe',
    'phoneNumber' => '555-555-5555'
),

However, this is NOT documented in the API reference under PayPal checkout:

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#paypal-express-checkout-authorization-and-capture

Thank you @nostalgio!  We'll be sure to let our documentation folks to include the information.

Richard

It's been over a year and a half, the documentation is still not updated?

Can you send an invoice number on the order object for AuthOnly, GetDetails, and AuthOnlyContinued calls? I found that I can send the data on an AuthOnly call but the other transaction type calls do not work. I am seeing this not work because ideally I would send the invoiceNumber with either GetDetails or AuthOnlyContinued when I have the correct data.