cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Express Checkout Workflow

Hi

I am a little confused as to how best integrate Paypal Express checkout.

Should I be doing this directly from my cart page, so the customer uses their Paypal name and address details, rather than going all through my check like I do with the card payment method, or should I collect all the name and address  info on my own site and pass it into the Paypal API call when they choose their payment option near the end of the checkout flow? I can't seem to find a decent guide to the steps we expect to take.

Also how do I go about getting a Paypal button onto my page which I can direct to my own page to initiate the API call?

Many Thanks

chilluk74
1 REPLY 1
PayPal Express Checkout helps boost sales by giving your customers the ability to pay by credit card or from the security of their personal PayPal accounts. During checkout, the customer is redirected to the secure PayPal site to complete the payment information.
PayPal Express is very similar to PayPal Standard with one major difference: the checkout flow. PayPal Express avoids the IPN issues that arise with PayPal Standard. Customers will be directed to PayPal from your site, but they don't complete checkout at PayPal.

Malone55
Contributor