cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Sample Application - Error 87

Hello,

I am looking for PayPal alternative and I found Authorise.Net and I've been checking out the API and quite impressed so far.

I downloaded the SDK in PHP from here:

https://developer.authorize.net/downloads/

I signed up for a developer account also (from where I got my API Login ID & Transaction Key).

I setup the "your_store" config.php with my API Login ID & Transaction Key and tried the sample application.

When I clicked the button to pay, I am getting this error:

Can you help me please? I am new to Authorise.Net and I really would like to use this service, but I am having trouble integrating it.

latheesan
8 REPLIES 8

That error usually means you're using a Card Present (CP) test account with a Card Not Present (CNP) implementation or vice versa. You should check to see what kind of test account you are using and then verify that you are using the appropriate parts of the SDK.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

I can't seem to sign up for a test account. Any idea why?

I am getting this error too.

I figured out exactly what you need to do to fix that error.   I got it working.  Let me know if you need help with it.

And what is that solution? can you please post it?

Response Reason Code: 87

Response Reason Text: Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.

Integration Team Suggestions: This can happen for four reasons:
1) You are attempting to process a type of transaction that your account is not designed for. An example would be using a card swipe machine to process transactions on an e-commerce or mail order/telephone order (MOTO) account.
2) You are passing an incorrect value to x_market_type. If you are using a Retail account you want to pass a "2". The Implementation Guide for Card Present transactions can be found at http://www.authorize.net/support/CP_guide.pdf.
3) Your merchant service provider may be incorrectly setup for this account.
4) The product type (SIC code) is incorrect for this account.

Other Suggestions: The server is not configured to process the product type derived from the market type of this transaction.

So the solution is to get a new test account if you got the wrong type.

I am php devoleper

i have implemented authrized.net code from my project after to run

this error display

why ?pls solution reply

(87) Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.

T.sathiendran

sakthithiru

Yes its the similar kind of issue which I faced some years ago in this snow predictor but you can see here now its looking very smooth as others.

msjsu474