cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with test transaction in live mode

It is my understanding that I should be able to submit a test transaction to my live server account which is currently set to "Live Mode". I'm using the C# AIM API and having an issue when submitting an auth request using the following:

var gateway = new AuthorizeNet.Gateway(my_api_login, my_transactionKey, true);

var authResponse = gateway.Send(authRequest);

The gateway responds with:

Response Code 3 

Subcode 2

Message "The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

If I change the "testMode" boolean parameter in the AuthorizeNet.Gateway constructor from true to false, the auth is correctly approved, but a live transaction is created that I have to void.

Is there a way to submit a "test" transaction to a live account in "Live Mode" such that it correctly gets approved, but no actual transaction is created?

larryschlatre
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

//False for production server URL, True to test server URL

var gateway = new AuthorizeNet.Gateway(my_api_login, my_transactionKey, false);

authRequest.TestRequest = "True";//Add this to set test request on for either the production server or test server.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
6 REPLIES 6

//False for production server URL, True to test server URL

var gateway = new AuthorizeNet.Gateway(my_api_login, my_transactionKey, false);

authRequest.TestRequest = "True";//Add this to set test request on for either the production server or test server.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

thanks for the help!!

I have a problem with the payment. I don't see the payments with credit card on my bank account.
Maybe the problem is that I'm still in test mode? What do I have to do? It's urgent!
Pietro

It is possible. Test mode can be enabled/disabled by using the API or in the Merchant Interface.

This article can help:

https://support.authorize.net/s/article/What-Is-Test-Mode-and-How-Do-I-Turn-It-off-and-On

curl -X POST \
  -u "<YOUR_KEY>:<YOUR_Secret>" \
  --data "period=monthly" \
  --data "interval=2" \
  --data "item[name]=Test plan" \
  --data "item[amount]=50000" \
  --data "item[currency]=INR" \
  https://api.razorpay.com/v1/plans

GarageBand for PC Download

Sandra

Thanks for the help TargetPayandBenefits.

Single_S