cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relayed response - no receipt page shown or url redirect

We are using Server Integration Method (SIM) in asp.net c#

We succeed to pass payment info, and after submitting it, the relayed response is working, but the receipt page is never showen - the following error occurred:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant.
An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The
following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will
receive the product or service.

The transaction seems to be done, but we never gets redirected to receipt page or our own server. When we set relayed response to false, we do get the receipt page, but neither a redirect back.

The relayed response url is working properly when we executes it locally.

Have set both: x_relay_response, x_relay_url, x_receipt_link_url, but none in the merchant account settings.

Any one knows what the problem is? 

mho
Contributor
16 REPLIES 16

Yes, we have read it, and verifyed that we meet all points..

Which one are you doing? Relay response or receipt page? you can do both at the same time.

Also, receipt page don't redirect. It create a link or button to return to your site.

When you said

Have set both: x_relay_response, x_relay_url, x_receipt_link_url, but none in the merchant account settings.

Did you mean you didn't set the url as a valid url on your account setting?

Which one are you doing? Relay response or receipt page? you can do both at the same time.

Also, receipt page don't redirect. It create a link or button to return to your site.

We are doing a relay response.

When you said

Did you mean you didn't set the url as a valid url on your account setting?

Yes and no. We have tried setting it in account settings but with same result, so removed it again. We have also read if it just was specified in either x_relay_response og account settings i would apply. The url is different from
transaction to transaction so we need to set it in the x_relay_response field.

1)any possible url in the x_relay_url need to be set exactly in the account setting(not the default, but on the list of valid urls) or as a security measure you will get the

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant.
An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The
following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will
receive the product or service.

2)What code are you using the relay page? For asp.net, it need EnableViewStateMac="false" set.

Okay.. We have tried multiple cases now, where the url are a matching in account settings and x_relay_url. Have even tried to set the url to an empty html page, which is viewable from a browser both inside and outside of the LAN. - All with the same result.

We get the relay url called, when we use a url that the program respond to, but it still seems to fail.

Can you show us your code on the post page and the relay response page?

Also, there is test page at https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/index.php

that show all the values relay response is sending back. Set this as the x_relay_url and in the account settings and see if it work.

It seems to work with the test URL you provided. What's confusing is that I expect the process to go like this:

1) Customer is redirected to Auth.Net via HTTP post (this works as expected)

2) Customer enters credit card info on Auth.Net server (this work as expected)

3) With a valid credit card I expect the customer to see a receipt page on Auth.Net and a server callback to my server to notifiy about the transaction (Like PayPal IPN) - I'm a little fuzzy on this step here. I don't expect the customer to ever see the relay url, but that's what's happening with the test url you provided

4) And finally the customer is either shown a receipt page or redirected back to the store pages from the Auth.Net

Am I simply not understanding the model here? If the customer is to see the relay url why would there be a x_receipt_link_url as well?

It there because you can choose which one to use. It is either relay response or receipt page, not both(my 8/3 08:51 AM comment have a typo missing the 't on the can't).

3)After customer enter their credit card info, Authorize.net relay the result(success or failure) to the relay url. Then on your relay url page redirect to your receipt page or do some logic depend on the result.

Since you are using asp.net did you set the EnableViewStateMac="false" on the your relay page? Also, for some reason html page running on IIS have the same timeout issue.

If you are not doing any logic after customer enter their cc info just use the receipt page option it will have a link or button to redirect your customer back to your site.