cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple Checkout as menu item (vs form button)

Hi, all,

I've been searching but haven't been able to find an answer to this question.

I'm helping my niece with her non-profit Wordpress website. It currently has a Donate menu item that uses a custom link to go to Paypal. She wants it to be changed to go to authorize.net.

I've created a Simple Checkout item for a donation, which generated this code to go into a page:

<form name="PrePage" method = "post" action = "https://Simplecheckout.authorize.net/payment/CatalogPayment.aspx"> <input type = "hidden" name = "LinkId" value ="be12d85b-......." /> <input type = "submit" value = "Donate" /> </form> 

So, I tried to substitute it into the Menu by changing the Custom Link for the menu item to:

https://Simplecheckout.authorize.net/payment/CatalogPayment.aspx?LinkId=be12d85b-......

When I click on the menu button it just goes a page that says "The item you requested is no longer available."

If this is giving some of you eye rolls or laughs, please feel free! I'm obviously not a "real" developer, but I'm all she has, lol.

Thank you for any assistance!

cblue
1 REPLY 1

It looks like you are trying to create a custom link to the Simple Checkout payment page generated by Authorize.Net, but you are encountering an error when you try to access the link from the menu on your WordPress site.

One thing to check is whether the LinkId value that you are using in the custom link matches the value generated by the Simple Checkout item for your donation. It's possible that the LinkId has changed since you generated the code, which could be causing the "item no longer available" error.

Another thing to consider is whether the payment page URL needs to include additional parameters or variables to properly process the payment. For example, you may need to include a reference to the amount of the donation, the donor's name or contact information, or other relevant data.

It's also possible that there may be an issue with how the custom link is configured in the WordPress menu. You may want to double-check the link URL and make sure that it is correctly formatted with the LinkId value and any additional parameters that are required.

If you continue to have trouble, you may want to reach out to Authorize.Net support or seek assistance from a WordPress developer who has experience working with payment integrations.

malikhona