cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong Customer Authentication

Hi,

We have software which integrates with Authorize.Net using an Authorize.Net hosted payment page. I understand that a new EU regulation regarding online payments is coming into force on September 2019, called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA), part of PSD2, and I'm assuming that Authorize.Net has or will be making changes to support it. Can anyone confirm whether we'll need to make any changes to our integration as a result or will everything be handled on the Authorize.Net side?

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Matt

mattcollins
11 REPLIES 11

Thank you for your valuable input. We'll go with that for now! 

I googled it and I don't see that authorize.net has an area in the EEA. I'm not perceiving how any exchange for a U.S. based organization with a U.S. based installment entryway and a U.S. bank falls under the locale of the EU. The PSD2 enactment is on the web, and without perusing every last bit of it, it has the extent of the guideline incorporating organizations *located* in the EU or EEA. It has language check it out article "both the payee ..... what's more, the payer" regarding the PSPs in the degree, which means on the off chance that any one party is outside the EEA on either side then the SCA isn't material.