cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Credit Cards

I'm trying to test with the test credit card numbers and I am having difficulty.

First, I had an error that my account was in test mode and couldn't process the transaction. I turned off test mode (scary!) and tried again. It said the credit card was invalid. I used a couple of the test cards with expiration dates > than today. I'm not sure what is going wrong.

The second problem is that the card numbers are masked with XXXX0000, All of my cards are showing 0000 at the end. Is that part of the mask? How can I tell the cards apart if I can't see the last 4 digits. Or is something going wrong when I am updating the billing information? I would expect to see XXXX0012 and XXXX0027, etc.

Thanks!

rickpost80498
5 REPLIES 5

Are you using a Live(production) account for testing? Get a test account for testing instead.

Read Accounts vs. Live Accounts – Which Does What Anyway?

Can you log-in to your merchant account and going into CIM and check to see if the card# is XXXX0000.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

My welcome email says "your authorize.net developer test account", so I am assuming it is a test account.

When I log into the CIM manager, all of the cards have the 0000 on the end.

My welcome email says "your authorize.net developer test account", so I am assuming it is a test account.

If it is a test account, there is no point of running it in testmode.

When I log into the CIM manager, all of the cards have the 0000 on the end.

Then, your update is not working correctly.

Could both the updatecustomerpaymentprofile and createcustomerpaymentprofile not working?Can you tell it is sending the correct info to authorize.net?

Good call, I had a typo in the cc_number field in the form, I was sending a default of all zeroes. Doh!

I fixed that and ran a transaction through the test account successfully.

One other question though. When a customer wants to change anything on their billing address, do they have to enter the credit card number all over again for the call to updatecustomerpaymentprofile? That's kind of a pain if they have to dig out their credit card every time instead of just keeping what is already stored.

Thanks and sorry to waste your time on my typo issue!

Since the billing address is link to a specific credit card, show a list of the customer saved cc, with the getCustomerPaymentProfile then use the info to do the update. updateCustomerPaymentProfile allow masked cc#(XXXX0000) and masked expiration date(XXXX).