cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools to test a REST API?

Does anybody know of any tools to test a rest API from the POV fo a client? Behat and Cucumber seems to be cool, but are these the right tool to benchmark directly through http?

evinahmad86
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, i used Swagger UI to easily check API URLs, figure out the calls, and then add them to my test code, but I haven't tried all Swagger tools. I think this is an easy way to communicate and document API changes to the team. And SoapUI is "A Complete API Test Automation Framework for SOAP, REST, and More." It has an open source version as well as a professional version which offers more functionality. Both frameworks do an excellent job of testing soclikes.com and my other projects in which constant tests are needed to check the performance

Jonas_Gather

Hi, i used Swagger UI to easily check API URLs too. And SoapUI of course. It has an open source version as well as a professional version which offers more functionality. Both frameworks do an excellent job of testing viplikes.net  and my other projects in which constant tests are needed to check the performance

Cory_Herman

Howdy, I utilized Swagger UI to effortlessly take a look at API URLs, sort out the calls, and afterward add them to my test code, however I haven't attempted every single Swagger instrument. I think this is a simple way of imparting and report API changes to the group. What's more, SoapUI is "A Complete API Test Automation Framework for SOAP, REST, and that's just the beginning." It has an open source form just as an expert variant which offers greater usefulness. The two systems work effectively of testing soclikes.com and my different ventures where steady tests are expected to actually look at the exhibition

wiviwol947

Hello, I utilized Swagger UI to effortlessly take a look at API URLs, sort out the calls, and afterward add them to my test code, yet I haven't attempted every single Swagger device. I think this is a simple method for conveying and record API changes to the group. Also SoapUI is "A Complete API Test Automation Framework for SOAP, REST, and that's just the beginning." It has an open source form just as an expert rendition which offers greater usefulness. The two structures work effectively of testing soclikes.com and my different activities where steady tests are expected to actually look at the exhibition

kilaso2717