cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Details API - Testing different status responses

Is there  a way to test the different responses the Transaction Details api can respond with.  I want to simulate getting the different possible statuses a transaction can have:

authorizedPendingCapture capturedPendingSettlement communicationError refundSettledSuccessfully refundPendingSettlement approvedReview declined couldNotVoid expired generalError pendingFinalSettlement pendingSettlement failedReview settledSuccessfully settlementError underReview updatingSettlement voided FDSPendingReview FDSAuthorizedPendingReview returnedItem chargeback chargebackReversal authorizedPendingRelease

I understand ideally I can stub this out in unit testing, but currently this is not an option.  Ideally there are ways to force a transaction status.  Ex. transaction id 12937592 always returns a response of voided.

Thoughts?

rreynier
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @rreynier 

If you use the Error Generation Guide, it will create transactions with the conditions you specify which can be returned by the transaction details API.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

How would a replicate a "voided" or returned (ach) result?

To bring this back to the top:

Is there a way to replicate a "returned" ach transaction?

Hello @rreynier,

It is currently not possible to simulate returned ACH transactions in the sandbox.  However, if you look in the eCheck.Net Developer Guide, you can find a list of eCheck.Net Return Codes starting on page 15.

You are welcome to submit this to our Ideas forum, so others can add their votes to yours.

Richard