cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Lag

I have a ecommerce site connecting to the Authorize.Net gateway using, I believe is using the AIM Method in PHP (I was not the original developer of the code). It is company code (developed in house by the company I work for). This code has been used by over a dozen of out online stores, but only one if them are having a lag issue. It seems to take 5 minutes for Authorize.Net to respond.

The way I started diagnosing the issue was going on the live site and run through a transaction using a test credit card (expecting it to fail). This took about 5 minutes to respond "Invalid Credit Card." The next thing I did was create a mail script that runs just before the curl passthru to the gateway and one just after. I did the same test, by running through a transaction with a test credit card. I received the first email almost instantly, but the second email was not sent to me until the page finished loading, giving me the "Invalid Credit Card" response (which the emails timestamps were 5 minutes difference).

I contacted customer support to see if there was an issue with the gateway (if anyone was having the same issue), but that claimed there were no issues with the gateway, nor any other complaints. This issue just started today, which was when a client contacted us about the issue.

Can anyone give my an idea what could be causing the issue? Thanks in advance.

peterrstanley
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After fiddling around with the firewall, we were able to solve the issue. Granted, I'm not sure why it worked for so long until recently, but we had to enable source PORT 443 on the iptables. Originally we had destination PORT 443 only. 

In the end, it works properly, Thanks for everyone's help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

so you are hosting all their site on a web farm or just one server?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

We have a couple servers that are hosting different ecommerce sites (not web farm, just shared hosting). Most of them have common code, including the PHP code that communicates with AuthorizeNet.

so, it just one instance of the VM having network issue with authorize.net. Can you see if that instance having issue with other websites(yahoo, google, etc)?

@RaynorC1emen7: I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. 

I did try something here because I realize I have had this issue before, but never resolved it (it was on a development system). When I turn off my iptables on the server, The authorize.Net response returns within a few seconds. When I turn it back on, it doesn't. I have port 80 & 443 open to the public on the server. Is there any other port(s) needed for this to work properly?

Sorry, never work with iptables, but if authorize.net work when it is off, maybe the settings is to copy form another system that works.

Would you happen to know what ports that need to be enabled on a firewall to allow communication between my server and authorizeNet. It's odd that the iptables have been configured like this for months and just now having issues. 

After fiddling around with the firewall, we were able to solve the issue. Granted, I'm not sure why it worked for so long until recently, but we had to enable source PORT 443 on the iptables. Originally we had destination PORT 443 only. 

In the end, it works properly, Thanks for everyone's help.