cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlinked Credits process in Live Mode of Sandbox Account always got approved

Hi,

I am testing Unlinked Credit in my sandbox account. The account currently is set as "Live Mode" and x_test_request is false, and the test credit card number is 4222222222222. I tried to use the special zip codes provided by "Generating Card Responses" in User Guide to test different responses, but I kept received "Approved" message with "AVS Not Applicable" in address verification field. I also tested the Authorize and Capture using the same special zip code, I can get the same "Declined" message as the guide.

Dose the AVS feature not provided by the "Unlinked Credits" method? How should I test the refund in live mode to get differetn response codes?

Thanks.

april
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the amounts don't trigger a decline response, then my guess is that's because there's not a scenario where you'd get a decline response on an unlinked credit.

An unlinked credit is fundamentally a very different transaction type than, say, an authorization to charge a card. With an unlinked credit, you're sending in a card number and saying to put funds onto that card. Fundamentally, it's the same as a refund transaction, just not tied to another transaction at our end. That's going a different direction than the normal transaction flow, and that request goes out to the network at settlement time, not as a real time authorization with an authorization response.

I can't say for 100% surety what our system is doing there, but I know that it would be difficult to get a real time response to a transaction like this, as not all card brands or processing networks even support such a process. Therefore, my guess is that we're not doing anything real time and that's why you're not able to simulate any sort of real time response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @april,

I can't say for sure whether or not AVS is supported in the Unlinked Credit scenario, but I suspect it's not, and that's why the zip codes never trigger a response. Can you try the amounts listed near the bottom in the testing guide and see if that works for you?

Aaron
All Star

Hi @Aaron,

Thanks for you reply.

I just tested "Transaction Amout Triggers", it still just worked for the payment transaction in the Live Mode, not the Refund/Unlinked Credits process. 

Do we have any other approaches to trigger different card responses for Unlinked Credits type?

Thanks.

-April

If the amounts don't trigger a decline response, then my guess is that's because there's not a scenario where you'd get a decline response on an unlinked credit.

An unlinked credit is fundamentally a very different transaction type than, say, an authorization to charge a card. With an unlinked credit, you're sending in a card number and saying to put funds onto that card. Fundamentally, it's the same as a refund transaction, just not tied to another transaction at our end. That's going a different direction than the normal transaction flow, and that request goes out to the network at settlement time, not as a real time authorization with an authorization response.

I can't say for 100% surety what our system is doing there, but I know that it would be difficult to get a real time response to a transaction like this, as not all card brands or processing networks even support such a process. Therefore, my guess is that we're not doing anything real time and that's why you're not able to simulate any sort of real time response.