cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values in transactionResponse are nil even on success callback

I make a request using 

[an purchaseWithRequest:request];

following the code in the SDK example. When it returns it gives me a success message but goes in the 

- (void) requestFailed:(AuthNetResponse *)response

delegate callback method. I went up the stack trace and saw that in AuthNet.m file in 

- (void) processResponseData:(NSData *)theResponse method transactionResponse has nil values including nil for responseCode and hence it calls the requestFailed callback. 

This is the XML data it gets back in response:

GDataXMLElement 0xa66d5a0: {type:1 name:mobileDeviceLoginResponse xml:"
<mobileDeviceLoginResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
  <messages>
    <resultCode>Ok</resultCode>
    <message><code>I00001</code>
      <text>Successful.</text>
    </message>
  </messages>
  <sessionToken>Gdy$M1476PS09dch_Jz7v9eIdC8kqZIbbsijaIJVbHWFLYeiDFpTfrHR_oI41rD3dJvnigH7EQduleRviTg_2w8TJrhlalK0ykv4MJyBlfTidLEEJplSPs1SuX$mh2Ns1UbinP6A3sqHiY5dg9oTqgAA</sessionToken>
  <merchantContact>
    <merchantName>Rahul Thathoo</merchantName>
    <merchantAddress>1 Main Street</merchantAddress>
    <merchantCity>Bellevue</merchantCity>
    <merchantState>WA</merchantState>
    <merchantZip>98004</merchantZip>
    <merchantPhone>425-555-1212</merchantPhone>
  </merchantContact>
  <userPermissions>
    <permission>
      <permissionName>Submit_Charge</permissionName>
    </permission>
    <permission>
      <permissionName>Submit_Refund</permissionName>
    </permission>
    <permission>
      <permissionName>Submit_Update</permissionName>
    </permission>
    <permission>
      <permissionName>Mobile_Admin</permissionName>
    </permission>
  </userPermissions>
  <merchantAccount>
    <marketType>0</marketType>
    <deviceType>7</deviceType>
  </merchantAccount>
</mobileDeviceLoginResponse>
"}

Is there an issue in the backend of Authorize.Net cause I downloaded the SDK yesterday. It is version 1.1.1

Any help is welcome as I have a strict deadline to get this working. Below is the request I am making. Could it be because of AUTH_ONLY?

CreateTransactionRequest *request = [CreateTransactionRequestcreateTransactionRequest];

request.transactionRequest = requestType;

request.transactionType = AUTH_ONLY;

request.anetApiRequest.merchantAuthentication.mobileDeviceId = [[UIDevicecurrentDevice] identifierForVendor].UUIDString;

request.anetApiRequest.merchantAuthentication.sessionToken = self.sessionToken;

[an purchaseWithRequest:request];

ankurmytime
3 REPLIES 3

First of all I am NOT a iOS developer,

but the response you post is from the mobileDeviceLoginRequest and not from the CreateTransactionRequest

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

This is the response I get from CreateTransactionRequest in TEST environment. I get a session token in the mobileDeviceLoginRequest. Is there a bug in the SDK then?

Issue is that sessionToken was returned after I made the request for transaction. So it is synchornous and we have to wait until we have the session set and then make the purchase transaction.