cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhooks inactive after 10 retries - questions

Hi all

Last week we had the perfect storm of issues that led to our webhook subscription being inactivated last night due to reaching the max number of retries.  We have something in place on our end to monitor when we are not sending a 200 response on the webhooks, but like I said, perfect storm - it wasn't working.  I'm wondering if anyone has had similar experience and/or can just answer a couple of questions for me on this.

1.  Is there any notification I can signup for in auth.net to notify me that my webhook is in danger of being (or has been) inactivated due to max retries?

2.  Once the webhook was made active again new ones are coming through fine however it doesn't appear that the ones that would have been sent during the period of inactive status will be retried or resent.  Can someone confirm?  Is there a way that we can push these "lost" webhooks back through?

Thanks so much,

Debi

DAL07
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Debi,

Thanks for your post. Here are the answers for your questions.

1.  Is there any notification I can signup for in auth.net to notify me that my webhook is in danger of being (or has been) inactivated due to max retries?

We have developed a feature where we notify you with an email, if your webhook is in danger of being inactivated. We try sending a wehook notification 10 times before we inactivate the webhook. We will send an email after 6 retries saying there is something wrong with the webhook, and after 10 retries we send another email saying the webhook has been deactivated. This feature is not in production yet, but hopefully will be there soon.

2.  Once the webhook was made active again new ones are coming through fine however it doesn't appear that the ones that would have been sent during the period of inactive status will be retried or resent.  Can someone confirm?  Is there a way that we can push these "lost" webhooks back through?

Events happened while the webhook subscription was inactive will not be converted to notofications. Unfortunately there is no way to push those lost webhooks notifications.

Hope this helps!

narmada
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer

Excellent news on the upcoming email notification feature!  Is there a way I can follow the progress on that so I know when to subscribe to that notification?

Thanks!

Hi,

You do not have to subscribe to anything to get the email. THis email is just to notify that your webhook subscription is in danger of being inactivate/has been deactivated. Unfortunately there is no way to track the progress, there will be an update form the customer service and I will laso reply to this thread once its live.

Thanks!

narmada
Authorize.Net Developer

@ wrote:

Hi Debi,

Thanks for your post. Here are the answers for your questions.

We have developed a feature where we notify you with an email, if your webhook is in danger of being inactivated. We try sending a wehook notification 10 times before we inactivate the webhook. We will send an email after 6 retries saying there is something wrong with the webhook, and after 10 retries we send another email saying the webhook has been deactivated. This feature is not in production yet, but hopefully will be there soon.

Events happened while the webhook subscription was inactive will not be converted to notofications. Unfortunately there is no way to push those lost webhooks notifications.

Hope this helps!

Fantastic website. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending, it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you on your sweat!

You will now recieve an email if there is something wrong with the webhook URL and we are not able to send you the webhook notifications.

narmada
Authorize.Net Developer

Fabulous!  Can you tell me if everyone on the account will get the email?  Just owners?

Thanks for this!

It has only been 2 years and waiting for a simple email alert... come on guys, this is absurd.

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Webhook-automatically-disabled/...

Hi mikemurphy

As mentioned in the other thread where you posted a similar statement, the webhook deactivation email is already available in Production. Please contact support if you have a Production environment account and need to ensure that you have a valid email address on file to receive this notice. 

Thank you,

Elaine