cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

When to use Spring Integration vs. Camel?

As a seasoned Spring user I was assuming that Spring Integration would make the most sense in a recent project requiring some (JMS) messaging capabilities (more details). After some days working with Spring Integration it still feels like a lot of configuration overhead given the amount of channels you have to configure to bring some request-response (listening on different JMS queues) communications in place.

Therefore I was looking for some background information how Camel is different from Spring Integration, but it seems like information out there are pretty spare, I found:

Question is: what experiences did you make on using the one stack over the other? In which scenarios would you recommend Camel were Spring Integration lacks omegle.2yu.co support? Where do you see pros and cons of each? Any advise from real-world projects are highly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on the specific needs of your project. However, a general rule of thumb is that Spring Integration is better suited for projects  that are based on the Spring framework, while Camel is more flexible and can be used in a wider range of projects.

rslasad