cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

classic asp stopped posting using Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") last night

Hello, I have been using Classic asp and using the same posting method for awhile now.  I know Authorize.net is going to disable the TLS 1.0 and we are moving the site to the new server, but since last night my site stopped posting payments.

I'm using 

Dim objRequest, post_response
Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

objRequest.open "POST", post_url, false
 objRequest.send post_string
 post_response = objRequest.responseText
Set objRequest = nothing

I've tried 

'Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
'Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")

as well with no luck.

The server company has not changed anything on their end.  I'm at a loss on what to try.  Any suggestions?

larkhel
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @larkhel,

Can you provide any more information? Is this with requests to the sandbox or to production or both? What URL is it trying to connect to? Are you getting any error returned to your code?

Aaron
All Star

It happens in the sandbox, but worked fine live prodution.  (this is why i didn't want to mess with it until november)

I post to the below gateway.

post_url = "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll"

I don't receive any response.relay, so i'm assuming it's with the post to A.net

line 221 is  objRequest.send post_string

If it doesn't work in sandbox, but does work in production, it's likely that your server is not making a TLS 1.2 connection. We turned off versions of TLS <1.2 in the sandbox back in April, and will do the same for production in February 2018.

If that's the case, you may need to apply some updates at the server level to make sure the OS installed crypto libraries properly support TLS 1.2, But, in your code, you'll likely just need to change your request to MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0.

I will pass the message on to them. 

When I change my 

Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")

to 

Set objRequest = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0")

I recieve the following error

msxml6.dll error '80090326'

The message received was unexpected or badly formatted.

Am I assuming they need to up date their version  as well.

@larkhel wrote:

Am I assuming they need to up date their version  as well.

That would be my guess. Keep us updated as to what they say.

will do, I sent them what you said about the crypos. I appreicate it.  I know classic asp is old school, but works so well.

I am having the same issue.  What do you guys mean by, "Am I assuming they need to up date their version  as well."  Are you referring to the version of Microsoft.XML on the server?

I am running Win03 Server / IIS6

Hi @gplough,

If you're running Windows Server 2003, you won't be able to connect to us. That operating system does not support connections using TLS 1.2. You'd have to upgrade to at least 2008.

Was yesterday the 20th the cutoff date for that?  Because we've been connecting fine since then.

Thanks for the reply sir!