cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCheck test txns on sandbox today - can't get an approval

Hi,

Previously I have been able to get an eCheck approval response from the sandbox  using these key-value pairs:

@account_name="roger dodger",

@account_number="40798399",

@account_type="BUSINESSCHECKING",

@amount="13.01",

@bank_name="Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia",

@method="ECHECK",

@routing_code="031000040",

@url= 'https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll'

Today I get this ...

@response=
  "3,1,101,The given name on the account and/or the account type does not match the actual account.,,P,0,,,13.01,ECHECK,auth_capture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,437E2F5E5D616F6A9A0AD7B07D41D02B,,,,,,,,,,,,,XXXX8399,Bank Account,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

Is this a temporary problem with the sandbox or do I need to use different account numbers?

The guidance I was given in the past was that only the Routing code had to b valid, all other values were arbitrary.

Thanks,

Dick Wieland

rwielandU2050
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @rwielandU2050,

I can't tell you for sure what's going on until I look into it further. But, I've seen this before. Our sandbox is a mirror of our production system. Both systems require a valid routing number, and I suspect that in some cases, a particular bank's routing number might trigger other particular requirements on our end. I know that when I've seen this before, switching to a different routing number cleared it up and let me proceed with testing.

So, for your testing in the meantime, I know that 121042882 (Wells Fargo) works for me. Longer term, I'll investigate and see what's going on. If there are specific routing numbers to avoid, we'll document that, or if there's extra information to provide to make the routing number you're trying to provide work correctly, we'll document that too.

Aaron
All Star

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.

After a good night's sleep I realized that the problem must be a perceived mismatch between the routing number and the bank name. I double checked the Federal Reserve site and 03100004 / Federal Reserve of Philadelphi do match. And as I said that combination has been working now for over 3 years.

Nevertheless, I found another pair (091905444 / Minnesota Lakes Bank) that works. 

The sand in the eCheck testing sandbox is more slippery than you expect.

**edited**

rwielandU2050