cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Error

i am tryin to run a test transaction but i get an error - "ESYSTEM - The following property is either invalid or missing: merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, usd_terminal_id", and when i choose the card present option it does not give me the option to choose a credit card type option

maphtech
3 REPLIES 3

Here's how you can address this issue:

1. Check Transaction Request Properties: Review the properties you are including in your transaction request. Ensure that the merchant category code, outlet ID, and terminal ID are correctly specified and valid for the transaction you are attempting to process.

2. Verify Test Environment Setup: Make sure you are using the correct test environment and test credentials provided by your payment processor or gateway. Test environments often have specific requirements or configurations that differ from production environments.

3. Debugging Transaction Parameters: If possible, enable debug mode or logging in your payment integration to capture more detailed information about the transaction request and response. This can help identify which property is causing the error and troubleshoot accordingly.

4. Review Documentation: Refer to the documentation provided by your payment processor or gateway to ensure that you are using the correct parameters and configurations for test transactions. Look for any specific requirements or restrictions related to merchant category codes or terminal IDs.

5. Contact Support: If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, reach out to the support team of your payment processor or gateway for assistance. They can provide guidance and troubleshooting steps tailored to your specific integration and environment.

Regarding the absence of the option to choose a credit card type when selecting the card present option, this could be a limitation or configuration specific to your payment integration or test environment. Review the documentation and settings related to your payment integration to ensure that all necessary options are enabled and configured correctly.

sign

Please make sure that these properties are correctly configured in your transaction request. And if you're not seeing the option to choose a credit card type when selecting the card present option, I encourage to check your account settings to ensure that card type selection is enabled for card-present transactions. Hope this clears.....

josephand

Here are a few steps you can take:

1. Verify Configuration: Double-check that the merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, and usd_terminal_id are properly configured in your transaction request. These values should match the details provided by your payment processor or gateway.

2. Card Present Option: If the option to choose a credit card type isn't appearing when selecting "Card Present," ensure that all necessary settings for card-present transactions are enabled. This might include specific terminal settings or additional configuration in your payment gateway.

3. Test Environment: Ensure that you're using the correct environment (test vs. production) and that all required settings for the test environment are correctly configured.

4. Contact Support: If everything seems correctly configured and you're still encountering issues, it might be helpful to reach out to your payment processor or gateway support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your setup.

AnasRez