cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

createTransactionRequest creating profile and charging card

I've seen some other similar posts to this, but not exactly the same.

I am calling 'createTransactionRequest' with a transaction type of 'authCaptureTransaction' and I am passing createProfile = true.  The calls are succeeding.    If I log into CIM, I can see the new profile.    If I go to Transaction Search and look for this transaction, I can find it.   However, when I got to the user Profile > View History, the transaction doesn't appear.   If I run a second 'CreateTransactionRequest' call where I pass in customerProfileID and paymentProfileID, the call succeeds and the transaction appears under the user profile.

Its just that first transaction when the profile is also getting created.  Again, the profile is created and the transaction succeeds, but it doesn't appear to be associated with the new profile.

NBAMark
4 REPLIES 4

anyone?

NBAMark

Thanks for the reply JohnCena007.   Does your second CreateTransactionRequest call not actually create a second transaction?   What other values besides customerProfileID and paymentProfileID are you passing in for that second call?  Really appreciate the help

NBAMark

Verify the correctness of the 'customerProfileID' and 'paymentProfileID' passed in the 'CreateTransactionRequest' call. Ensure that you are using the correct IDs associated with the customer profile and payment profile you expect the transaction to be linked to.

Double-check the API documentation or contact the provider of the CIM system to confirm that the 'authCaptureTransaction' is expected to appear in the user Profile > View History section. It's possible that certain transaction types may not be displayed there, or there could be specific settings or configurations required for them to appear.

Consider running the second 'CreateTransactionRequest' call with the customer profile ID and payment profile ID to explicitly associate the transaction with the user profile. If this call succeeds and the transaction appears under the user profile, it suggests that the association was not properly established in the initial call.

Thank you Janice for taking time to respond.  I think you are mis-understanding some details of my original call.  I am not passing in 'customerProfileID' and 'paymentProfileID' to 'CreateTransactionRequest' .   The whole point of including 'createProfile = true' is that AuthNet is supposed to create the customerProfile and paymentProfile using the data I pass in, then create a transaction using the payment information I pass in, then link those two things.   Its the last part that doesn't seem to be working.    The profile is created, the payment transaction is created, but the payment is not visible from the profile.  

You suggest running a second transaction.  My original post states that  when I do that...meaning that once I have the customerProfileId and PaymentProfileID and I create a purchase for that customer... the transaction does appear in the customer profile.    

All the documentation states that the original call should create a profile, create a transaction and link the two, but it isn't.  My question is why

NBAMark