cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

CIM iFrame and getHostedProfilePageRequest

Can someone explain part of the iframe process when using the CIM API like I'm 5 :smileyhappy:?

Product: CIM

Language: ColdFusion (not terribly relevant to the question)

Here's where I'm at: I have succesfully created a customer profile and added a payment profile to said customer profile.
 I have gotten to the point where I can submit the customer's profile ID in a "getHostedProfilePageRequest" call and receive a valid token. I then use the button/hidden form field method to post this token to the iframe (by name) using the following URL as the action attribute of the form tag "https://test.authorize.net/profile/manage". This causes the iframe to populate with the standard "edit profile"/"add payment method" form. When I'm done and have clicked the "save" button for any changes I've made, I'm taken right back to the standard "edit profile"/"add payment method" form.

My question: how do I get the iframe to go away/close when payment information is done being manipulated? after searching these forums, I have seen mention of "hostedProfileReturnUrl" and "hostedProfileReturnUrlText" to create a button that closes out the AuthNet page, but the documentation (straight XML) says NOT to pass these when working with an iframe. I have also seen mention of the "hostedProfileIFrameCommunicatorUrl" being something of importance when dealing with the iframe setup.

How do I use it? I gather that there should be some form of JavaScript in whatever URL I pass there, but what JS? What should it do and how?

Any samples/scenarios or insight at all would be appreciated!

Who Me Too'd this topic