cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Exporting CIM Data with Payment info from Authorize.net

There are a few posts on this topic already, all of them closed, and all of them with (now?) out-of-date info, so ... here we are.

I need to migrate away from Authorize.net. The short answer is that the fee structure of having a separate gateway and payment processor is, for us, antiquated and expensive. We have two companies: one with relatively high volumes and one with relatively low volumes. The high volume one works fine with this structure (though we'll be moving that one, too), the low volume one ($2k/month) winds up paying an effective 16% in fees. That's worth considering a move. ;)

I discussed this with Authorize.net support this morning, and just as a heads-up, here's the answer I received from Cassandra in online chat:

Cassandra:  09:35
Good morning David. I see the importance of knowing more about submitting a Legal Data Extraction request and am glad to assist you with some information today!
Cassandra:  09:37
To have this data extracted, The cost of the data extraction is $250/hour with a minimum of 4 hours ($1000.00 in total). The default payment method for the fees is via the bank account on file with Authorize.Net. It can certainly be sent via the PGP key and am glad to email you with the waiver you can fill out to submit via eTicket, along with more information.

Yep. Four hours of time to export and encrypt the data. And a minimum $1,000 price tag for what, as near as I can tell, would be a 30 minute job (though I realize I may be missing something entirely).

That seems like a great way to screw a ~15+ year partner. Be warned.

davehamilton
Who Me Too'd this topic