cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM: AVS With Zip Code Only

Hello,

Is it possible to run an AVS check with only the zip code? I'm hoping to find an expedited way to avoid having to enter full billing addresses, but we'd still like to have some validation. It seems like Authorize is requiring the address line to be entered to do AVS. Would I have to send fake data? If so, is there any problem sending "000 Not Specified" as the address? I feel like there should be a better way to do that... and I'm not sure the fake address will work anyway.

Thanks,

Mike

mryckman
5 REPLIES 5

what error are you getting? should be able to use just the zip code.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

It looks like it was saying that the address wasn't supplied when I sent only the zip code... then I feel like I read that the address and the zip code were both required fields for AVS.

There are different settings for AVS, maybe the one that was selected required the address?

Thanks Raynor... Here's where I was seeing that: http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf

Page 8 mentions, under AVS requirements, that you have to supply the address and zip code. When I didn't supply an address (just the zip), the AVS response was that the billing address was not supplied.

Is there some setting I'm missing? Is it OK to submit fake data? How do gas stations and stuff do this?

Mike

Page 42

B? pass in a char or a string in the billing address.