cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB API for per based subscription plan

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have heard of Authorize.net as payment gateway only. I watched the videos of ARB but little confused if this would suit our need. 

We have various subscription plans such as flat rate each month, rate per used and billed for all users during that cycle including pro rated computation. Need to know if this API would support the second requirement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cherie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't have a release schedule, but you can follow updates by subscribing to this product idea:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Ideas/ARB-and-CIM-Interoperability/idi-p/48449

Richard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you Ray. Can you help me with the following so I am clear before talking to the dev.team.

1. CIM simply stores the customer data and all transaction history. We would only use it only to facilitate the payment?  All other computation such as when to charge, how much to charge which Cust, the schedule should be maintained in our application.

2. We have some settings on grace period for failed period, so # of attempts and interval is something that our application has to handle .

3. Can we use both ARB and CIM? For customers on fixed rate plans with regular billing cycle - ARB and the ones with other type of plans & discounts would send through CIM. 

Hello @cherie

For #3, our recurring billing and customer profile systems do not work together, but that will change in very soon.  When these improvements are complete, our systems will use customer profiles for payment data storage recurring billing will run as a scheduler using the profiles.  This will allow you to use the same payment profiles using our scheduler, or create your own if you need more complex business rules.

Richard

Thanks much Richard. Do we have any tentative dates for the new release ?

I don't have a release schedule, but you can follow updates by subscribing to this product idea:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Ideas/ARB-and-CIM-Interoperability/idi-p/48449

Richard