cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP .NET Core and WebAPI Questions?

Hi,

I'm using WebAPI (fetching datas from my MySQL database) for the first time. There is some stuff I don't understand. I already used WCF in the past.

How do I get something from it ? I published it into a IIS service, but it seems I can't add it as a connected service into my ASP. NET Core MVC application.

Plus, if I debug the app, IIS Express launches, and depending of the URL adress I enter, I got the results from the requests, okay.. but isn't this a bit unsecured and dangerous ??

Thanks in advance for enlighting me, because i'm struggeling in the dark right now

DashiellNico
1 REPLY 1

Hi, I'm using WebAPI (fetching datas from my MySQL database) for the first time. There is some stuff I don't understand. I already used WCF in the past.

How do I get something from it ? I published it into a IIS service, but it seems I can't add it as a connected service into my ASP. NET Core MVC application.

Plus, if I debug the app, IIS Express launches, and depending of the URL adress I enter, I got the results from the requests, okay.. but isn't this a bit unsecured and dangerous ??

Thanks in advance for enlighting me, because i'm struggeling in the dark right now

kabosu coin

Tremaine