cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Refund API

Hi,

I am using sandbox account for my testing. I already have enabled filters for AVS and CCV in sandbox account I did implemented unlinked refund api (ECC) in my application. I am saving one customer payment profile id with invalid pin code (46217) provided in (Testing Guide - Authorize.net Developer). When I am using same profile for refund api, request is getting approved and AVS response code is "P". Below are my question related above specified scenario.

1. I want my request to get Declined in such cases, is that possible?, If yes then is there are settings which I need to do?
  2.  I want refund request to get declined in fraud cases like AVS filter, CCV filter, expired credit card can we do that?
  3. If validations are avoided only for unlinked refund transactions or that can happen in case of linked refund transactions also(when we send existing transaction id)?

Thanks.

herane
3 REPLIES 3
herane

@herane wrote:

Hi,

I am using sandbox account for my testing. I already have enabled filters for AVS and CCV in sandbox account I did implemented unlinked refund api (ECC) in my application. I am saving one customer payment profile id with invalid pin code (46217) provided in (Testing Guide - Authorize.net Developer). When I am using same profile for refund api, request is getting approved and AVS response code is "P". Below are my question related above specified scenario.

1. I want my request to get Declined in such cases, is that possible?, If yes then is there are settings which I need to do?
  2.  I want refund request to get declined in fraud cases like AVS filter, CCV filter, expired credit card can we do that?
  3. If validations are avoided only for unlinked refund transactions or that can happen in case of linked refund transactions also(when we send existing transaction id)?

Thanks.

The Refunds API 
allows you to refund a payment within 1 year of the original payment date. You cannot refund more than what was originally collected. The refund amount must be available in the Square account. If it is not, Square attempts to take money out of the associated bank account. 

IndigoCard

indigoxpress

The Refunds API allows you to refund a payment within 1 year of the original payment date. You cannot refund more than what was originally collected. MyFordBenefits The refund amount must be available in the Square account. If it is not, Square attempts to take money out of the associated bank account.

Charlie654