cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorize.net problem

I have installed Authorize.net many times and it always works fine but the last install I did it doesn't work. It cannot connect to Authorize.net. After spending an hour on the phone with Authorize.net checking the account settings and setting and resetting the Transaction Key I began looking at the Authorize AIM module. Replacing it with a module from a site that I know works did not help. I then tried a transaction on a site that worked in the past and it stopped working also. I set up an Authorization test account and that won't work either. Has anyone else noticed problems with Authorization.net recently? Has anything changed at Authorize.net? The error I get is:

There has been an error processing your credit card

Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method.

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

Do a var dump of the entire output - for instance the following, if using PHP:

print_r($response);

Can't diagnose much just based off the error message.

TJPride
Expert

I'm not sure how to do that, where do I add the code you mentioned?

Thanks,

Dan

I was trying to use AIM but I just switched to SIM and it worked fine, does that tell you anything? I would prefer to use AIM.

Dan

This is the response I received:

"3","2","33","Ship To Company is required.","","P","0","4","Lees Bees of Texas","0.10","CC","auth_only","1","dan","snyder","","101 nw 217 way","Pembroke Pines","Florida","33029","United States","5555555555","","dan@impactwebgraphics.com","dan","snyder","","101 nw 217 way","Pembroke Pines","Florida","33029","United States","","","0.00","","","01076EE5E91E8B0A129E73C22B325352","","","","","","","","","","","","","XXXX8035","MasterCard","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""

Is there an error code in there somewhere?

Dan

As the error message said ,"Ship To Company is required.", check the merchant account settings, it might have set it as required.

I was able to find the place for the code and found that the Authorize.net client has a requirement in his account that a company name is required. Where do I remove that requirement?

Thanks,

Dan

Great! Problem solved. Thanks so much for your help,

Dan

Both the solution links are broken?  Having a problem with this response Authorize.net returned a malformed response, abortedAuthorize.net returned a malformed response, aborted