cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break apart <%=Html.CheckoutFormInputsWithAddress(true) %> Form Fields

I am using DPM, MVC, C#, VS 2010.

I am now succesfully creating test transcations with my solution and all is well there. 

Now I am formatting and customizing the page branding.  Here is a link to my very basic form just beginning to take shape: http://authorize.avtec.edu .  You will notice that the form fields are strung together in series, and are not pretty.  To produce the form fields, I use the script code embeddings provided on the Index page. the tag looks like this:

<%=Html.CheckoutFormInputsWithAddress(true) %> 

This provides me the proper form fields, but I have no way of editing them, including the text, box size or arrangement on the page.

Now what?

:smileyindifferent:

SFink
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was digging a little too deep.  I found CheckOutFormBuilders.cs under the AuthorizeNet.Helpers project.  It is all there!

The WEIRD part of all of this is, initially I ran a Edit > Find search for the Test CC# or any of the text that is displayed on the page adjacent the form fields.  If found nothing, so I assumed it was in the DLL. So no need to recompile anything, just edit the C# file as in its place.

AND Again, thaks for your time sir! 

-Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The fastest and easiest way is to download the C# SDK source and change it.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

The only files I brought into the solution from the SDK were the DLL's. I am assuming that these classes and objects are coming from that.  The dll does not open in notepad, likely not open source. Also, In the C# SDK there are no files for Direct Post Method, other than the  DLL files.  The rest are for different methods.  Even if there were files in there, how would I include them into a project that is already functioning using the proper directives etc.?  If it were a matter of edting a file and replacing it, great.  But there is no file to replace other than the DLL.  Everything else was code pasted into the default MVC project, as instructed by Authorize.NET Quick Start Guide.

I could just be too newbish to understand, so thanks for bearing with me.

Also, I looked for sample code for DPM C# and cannot find any.  All I could find were for other integration methods.  I found a post from Dec. 2010 from a moderator that confirmed there was no sample code for C# DPM, but that was a year ago.

On the http://developer.authorize.net/downloads/

Under C# there are two link(even though it look like just one button), source on the left and dll on the right.

I think the source is a VS2008 solution, since it ask me to covert to VS2010 solution. Change the source and compile and use the dll to replace the one you downloaded.

There are no C# DPM sample code, but it is very similar to SIM, with a few different required fields. You can see what being pass for DPM on your http://authorize.avtec.edu/ site by viewing the web browser page source.

I was digging a little too deep.  I found CheckOutFormBuilders.cs under the AuthorizeNet.Helpers project.  It is all there!

The WEIRD part of all of this is, initially I ran a Edit > Find search for the Test CC# or any of the text that is displayed on the page adjacent the form fields.  If found nothing, so I assumed it was in the DLL. So no need to recompile anything, just edit the C# file as in its place.

AND Again, thaks for your time sir! 

-Steve

Edit to the above: I DID have to re-compile the AuthorizeNet.helpers dll.  I was working this problem out on a seperate soultion and was in my usual state of confusion when I wrote the above, sorry. :smileyvery-happy: