cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Create Recurring Billing Using Live API Key in Test Mode?

I'm working with the Authorize.Net API and have a question regarding recurring billing. I know that recurring billing (ARB) transactions can be tested in sandbox mode, but is it possible to create and test recurring billing profiles while using a live API key, but with the account in test mode? I want to ensure the setup works in a live environment without processing actual transactions.

Any guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

bikas112
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can definitely test your recurring billing setup effectively, but it's important to do it in the right environment. While you can’t use a live API key in test mode, the Authorize.Net sandbox is a fantastic tool for simulating transactions without any risk. It allows you to create and test recurring billing profiles safely. Once you're satisfied with how everything functions in the sandbox, you can confidently switch to your live API key for real transactions. This approach ensures that your setup is solid, and ready for success when you go live!

View solution in original post

Michealj
1 REPLY 1

You can definitely test your recurring billing setup effectively, but it's important to do it in the right environment. While you can’t use a live API key in test mode, the Authorize.Net sandbox is a fantastic tool for simulating transactions without any risk. It allows you to create and test recurring billing profiles safely. Once you're satisfied with how everything functions in the sandbox, you can confidently switch to your live API key for real transactions. This approach ensures that your setup is solid, and ready for success when you go live!

Michealj