cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 261?

Anyone else getting failures with a Response Reason Code of 261 ("The transaction experienced an error during sensitive data encryption and was not processed. Please try again.")

Using AIM in test mode, and everything was fine until about an hour ago. 

Did I miss a maintenance notice, or is there some kind of outage?

Thanks,

D

drchilds
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This issue has been resolved. You should be able to continue your testing without issue at this time.

Thanks,

Elaine

View solution in original post

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor
14 REPLIES 14

I'm seeing the same issue when trying to run test Card Present transactions.

amuth

I have also experienced the same error although it was working fine an hour prior to that.  It is likely an Authorize.NET developer site issue.

ehnruiz

This error is being caused by an issue that currently exists in our test environment. It is being investigated and I will add to this thread when the errors have resolved.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Emmanuel

Thank you!

Phew, I too am getting this error after making some modifications to my credit card class. Glad to see it wasn't anything I did. Thanks for the update!

Joe
Contributor

This issue has been resolved. You should be able to continue your testing without issue at this time.

Thanks,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Elaine.  Much appreciated.

Im getting failures with a Response Reason Code of 261 ("The transaction experienced an error during sensitive data encryption and was not processed. Please try again.")

Using AIM in test mode, and everything was fine until about a day ago.

Is there any update for test environment?