cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Card Code Response Value

To all,

I am using AIM in a Console Application in C# to learn how Authorize.Net works.  My application works fine.  But one of the response options I need is Card Code Response.  I can use Intellisense to get the response values for ResponseCode, Message, AuthorizationCode and TransactionID.  But there is not an option for Card Code Response.

I have read that it is the 39th field in the response but I don't understand how you can get this list of values to parse from the options I am given from Intellisense.

What value in the IGatewayResponse allows me to parse the string to get the card code response value.

Secondly, I cannot find any information about how the CVV value is set for the options of

P - Not Processed

S - Should have been present

U - Issuer unable to process request.

Currently, the application that I am updating the Authorize.Net does not use the Security code value to process the payment but it needs to be implemented in case the business unit wants to turn it on.  So I have to store the CVV value, but I want the value to be one of the above so no payments are declined.

How are the CVV values set if the security code entered is zeros?

Thanks...I hope my requests make sense :)

Gloria

gloria10
Contributor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

From the documentation, the CCVResponse is in order 39 or index [38]. At this index [38] the value is "".

In position [39] the value is "2" which corresponds with the Cardholder Authentication Verification Response - 'CAVV passed validation'

View solution in original post

Ultimately the response is generated within the processor, so we really can't tell you the precise criteria that go into returning either of these filters.

I can tell you that, in practice, I've never personally seen either of those options returned. But because they do exist in the card network specs our system must be prepared to handle them.

View solution in original post

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
12 REPLIES 12

You can download the SDKs source and change it or there should be a string array of RawResponse that you can use.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

The interface (IGatewayResponse) does not have RawResponse as an option.

The only members available are:

Amount

Approved

AuthorizationCode

CardNumber

InvoiceNumber

ResponseCode

TransactionID.

Secondly, how is it determined when a transaction is set to 'Not Processed' or 'Should have been present' or

'Issuer unable to process request.'

Thanks.

download the source and change it to suit your needs.

once you change the source to get the CCV response. just read the reaspone.

I have done that.

I created a Console Application that will send an AuthorizationRequest as shown below:

var request = new AuthorizationRequest("SomeCard#", "0214", 283.00M, "Authorize Only Transaction", false);                        
var gate = new Gateway("LoginValueNotShown", "TransXKeyNotShown");
var response = gate.Send(request);

The Send() method returns IGatewayResponse.

I need it to return a GatewayResponse so that I can access the CCVResponse method.

How can I return the GatewayResponse object?

No, that not the SDKs source, that the sample application source.

http://developer.authorize.net/downloads/

on the C# download, there are 2, one is the source, the other the binary.

I am able to return the CCVResponse, but the value is null.

This is my code:

var request = new AuthorizationRequest("CCNumber", "0214", 850.00M, "Authorize Only Transaction", false);                        
 var gate = new Gateway("LoginValue", "TransKey");
 GatewayResponse response = (GatewayResponse)gate.Send(request);

Console.WriteLine("ResponseCode-{0}: ResponseMessage-{1} AuthorizationCode-{2} TransactionID-{3} CCVResponse-{4}",
response.ResponseCode, response.Message, response.AuthorizationCode, response.TransactionID, response.CCVResponse);
                Console.Read();        

All of the values return a response except 'CCVResponse'

The Merchant Interface is configured to Decline if response = N and Accept if the response is P, S, or U.  The response is null and the transaction is approved.

Why is the CCVResponse value null?

Thanks.

can you run debug to see the raw aim response?

From the documentation, the CCVResponse is in order 39 or index [38]. At this index [38] the value is "".

In position [39] the value is "2" which corresponds with the Cardholder Authentication Verification Response - 'CAVV passed validation'

var request = new AuthorizationRequest("CCNumber", "0214", 850.00M, "Authorize Only Transaction", false);    

Didn't look like you use the AddCardCode  to the request.