cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Account, posting CC transaction to sandbox

Hello,

I am receiving "The merchant API Login ID is invalid or the account is inactive." when posting a credit card transaction from my website to my sandbox account.

The website has been integrated with authorize.net for credit card transactions for at least 4 years, and I am also adding ability to accept eCheck transactions as well.  I created a sandbox account to test eCheck transactions and everything is working correctly.  When I try to then send a credit card transaction with our existing code to the same account is when I recieve the error.

These are the fields we are currently sending for credit card:

x_Type
x_Trans_ID
x_Password
x_Login
x_ADC_Delim_Data
x_ADC_URL
x_Version
x_Invoice_Num
x_Description
x_Company
x_First_Name
x_Last_Name
x_Address
x_City
x_State
x_Zip
x_Country
x_Phone
x_Fax
x_Card_Num
x_Exp_Date
x_Amount

x_Login is the API Login ID

x_Password is the Tranaction Key

The credit card integration code is currently being used to post to dozens of live merchant accounts, but doesn't seem to work for my sandbox account.  I want to be sure that we can send credit card and eCheck to the same merchant account.  

If anyone can shed some light on this for me it would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

kmorris84
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @kmorris84

Are you perhaps attempting to use your production credentials with the sandbox?  The API Login, Transaction Key and endpoints for the sandbox and production are different and cannot be used interchangeably.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @kmorris84

Are you perhaps attempting to use your production credentials with the sandbox?  The API Login, Transaction Key and endpoints for the sandbox and production are different and cannot be used interchangeably.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Well that is embarrasing, I forgot to change the endpoint url. Thanks Richard!