cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Transaction ID in Test Mode for authOnlyTransaction

Hello All,
I am currently developing an integration with the Authorize.Net payment gateway and using the sandbox environment for testing. During the implementation, I encountered an issue with the authOnlyTransaction transaction type.
When I attempt to authorize a credit card transaction using authOnlyTransaction, I do not receive a valid transaction ID. Instead, the response indicates a transaction ID of 0. Below is an example of the response I am receiving:

net\authorize\api\contract\v1\CreateTransactionResponse Object
(
    [transactionResponse:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\CreateTransactionResponse:private] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType Object
        (
            [responseCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 1
            [authCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 000000
            [avsResultCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => P
            [transId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 0
            [accountNumber:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => XXXX5821
            [accountType:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => MasterCard
            [messages:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => Array
                (
                    [0] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\MessagesAType\MessageAType Object
                        (
                            [code:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\MessagesAType\MessageAType:private] => 1
                            [description:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\MessagesAType\MessageAType:private] => This transaction has been approved.
                        )
                )
        )
    [messages:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ANetApiResponseType:private] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType Object
        (
            [resultCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType:private] => Ok
            [message:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType:private] => Array
                (
                    [0] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType Object
                        (
                            [code:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType:private] => I00001
                            [text:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType:private] => Successful.
                        )
                )
        )
)

As shown, the transId is 0 despite the transaction being approved. Consequently, when I attempt to capture this transaction using priorAuthCaptureTransaction, I receive the following error due to the invalid transaction ID:

net\authorize\api\contract\v1\CreateTransactionResponse Object
(
    [transactionResponse:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType Object
        (
            [responseCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 3
            [transId:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 0
            [messages:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => 
            [errors:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType:private] => Array
                (
                    [0] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\ErrorsAType\ErrorAType Object
                        (
                            [errorCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\ErrorsAType\ErrorAType:private] => 33
                            [errorText:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\TransactionResponseType\ErrorsAType\ErrorAType:private] => A valid referenced transaction ID is required.
                        )
                )
        )
    [messages:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\ANetApiResponseType:private] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType Object
        (
            [resultCode:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType:private] => Error
            [message:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType:private] => Array
                (
                    [0] => net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType Object
                        (
                            [code:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType:private] => E00027
                            [text:net\authorize\api\contract\v1\MessagesType\MessageAType:private] => The transaction was unsuccessful.
                        )
                )
        )
)

Could you please suggest a proper way to generate a valid transaction ID in test mode so I can successfully capture the authorized transaction?
I appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.
Thanks & Regards,
Ashwini Nehe
ashwini_nehe
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ashwini nehe

It looks like you're encountering an issue where the transaction ID returned for the `authOnlyTransaction` is `0`, which is causing problems for the `priorAuthCaptureTransaction`.

Here’s a brief solution to this problem:

**To fix this issue, follow these steps:**

1. **Verify Test Mode Settings:** Ensure you are using the correct test mode settings and the sandbox environment. The `authOnlyTransaction` should work properly in the sandbox environment.

2. **Check API Credentials:** Make sure your API credentials (API Login ID and Transaction Key) are correct and configured for the sandbox environment.

3. **Use a Different Test Card Number:** Sometimes using different test card numbers provided by Authorize.Net can help generate valid transactions.

4. **Contact Authorize.Net Support:** If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, contact Authorize.Net support for assistance, as there might be a specific issue with the sandbox environment.

By following these steps, you should be able to generate a valid transaction ID for further testing.

Hello @maverickwhites 

Thanks for your reply.

I found the solution to our issue. Although we are using a sandbox account, we need to perform transactions in live mode instead of test mode. Authorize.net has a provision that allows for testing with test cards in a sandbox account using live mode. This generates valid transaction IDs and settles transactions accordingly.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Ashwini Nehe

Since test mode doesn't capture funds, you can simulate the capture process by simply verifying the authorization response.
Check the response for responseCode 1 and authCode to confirm successful authorization.

evaelfie