cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*NOTIFICATION* - An additional copy of this receipt was emailed to MAIN@goodtime.com

Hello, I playing in the sandbox and processing credit card information for our windows client.

On the Merchant Email Receipt that I am getting it has this notification that concerns me.

*NOTIFICATION* - An additional copy of this receipt was emailed to MAIN@goodtime.com due to a gateway setting that was passed in at the time this transaction was submitted.  If this e-mail address does not belong to someone in your organization, it could indicate fraudulent activity.

Why am I getting this?

I have seen no where that I input the MAIN@goodtime.com email address?

Anyone know why I'm seeing this and what I can do to stop it?

Thank you

Gatesay
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gatesay,

You may be using a depreciated field available for both AIM and SIM merchants. The field, x_merchant_e-mail, may be used to send an e-mail address with the merchant's transaction requests. Doing so will cause Authorize.Net to send a transaction receipt to the e-mail address set in x_merchant_e-mail, regardless of any Merchant Interface setting. What this means is, your code is passing this field to the email address MAIN@goodtime.com which is not an email address found in your gateway settings. Such a transaction receipt will include the notification  you referenced. To resolve this, you need to make sure to disable the use of  x_merchant_e-mail in your code.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Gatesay,

You may be using a depreciated field available for both AIM and SIM merchants. The field, x_merchant_e-mail, may be used to send an e-mail address with the merchant's transaction requests. Doing so will cause Authorize.Net to send a transaction receipt to the e-mail address set in x_merchant_e-mail, regardless of any Merchant Interface setting. What this means is, your code is passing this field to the email address MAIN@goodtime.com which is not an email address found in your gateway settings. Such a transaction receipt will include the notification  you referenced. To resolve this, you need to make sure to disable the use of  x_merchant_e-mail in your code.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Joy,

Well I went ahead and accepted your solution, because your comments just made me go back and look a little closer at the code. I found way back in the process where that I truely was setting that email address (not sure where I got it) as test data.

The only comment you made that I would like clarification on is:

"Using a depreciated field"

So are you saying that I should not be setting this field?

That I should just let the Merchant account handle the setting of the Merchant email address?

Thanks again for your help, pushing me to dig deeper.