cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Express integration via Authorize.net and the PayPal Express API

I'm working on attempting to implement PayPal as a payment option via Authorize.net, but I'm kind of uncertain on the specifics, and haven't been  able to fully wrap my head around exactly how it's supposed to flow.

As far as I can tell, I'm supposed to use the A.net API to initiate the transaction (authCaptureTransaction), which will then return a PayPal URL to redirect the user to so they can finish paying, which will then direct the user back to my page (with a payment ID included) so that the payment can be finalized (authCaptureContinueTransaction).

Am I correct in assuming that the actual PayPal Express library (that is to say, https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js ) is never actually included or used on my end? Is it still possible to handle the payment via a popup window like the current version of the Express button does?

IanA
2 REPLIES 2

After logging in to the Merchant Interface, click Account > Digital Payment Solutions , then click the Sign Up link for PayPal. You will be redirected to the PayPal site, which will guide you through the process of linking your PayPal sandbox account to your Authorize.net Payment Gateway.

Stacy005

I've already got the account linked. My question is unrelated to that part of the process, but rather relates to the actual integration.