cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Billing for Dynamic Number of Months

I was reading through the developer manual, but I'm wondering if it is possible to recur bill based on a dynamic month amount. 

A customer signs up for 10 months at 15 dollars = $150.00, does the API allow for a recur bill at $15.00 per month for 10 months, and then turn itself off after the 10 months?

Another customer may want 7 months at $10.00, I would need something similar for a 7 month recur bill at $10.00, and then turn off.

Thanks.

mathceleb1
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could theoretically set every subscription to run forever, and have your site disable the subscription after a certain number of payments. You can not, however, update the ARB subscription itself to change the number of payments:

The subscription interval information (subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.length and subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.unit) may not be updated.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
1 REPLY 1

You could theoretically set every subscription to run forever, and have your site disable the subscription after a certain number of payments. You can not, however, update the ARB subscription itself to change the number of payments:

The subscription interval information (subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.length and subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.unit) may not be updated.

TJPride
Expert