I am using Authorize.net to charge customers on either a monthly or yearly basis for our service.
What can I use to get a list of all the transactions from yesterday, so that I can send emails to my customers for the following events
Thank you for your post.
There are four routes you can take to get the information and th best I would say is to subscribe for Webhooks
1. Configure ARB Email Notifications
You can do this from MINT, in the recurring billing page, go to the bottom and in the settings tab you will see "Configure ARB Email Notifications".
Select the ARB email notifications that should be sent for your account including a daily transaction summary and notification of upcoming credit card and subscription expirations, failed transactions, and subscription suspensions and terminations.
2. You can subscribe for the webhooks which enables you to get notifications for the events that you asked for on the URL that you provide.
For reference, please check "https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/webhooks.html"
3. You can use the Get Subscription API, which can get you transaction details for the subscription, and make sure you set the flag to include transactions.
4. This route is probably not suited but to view, you can check the transactions that are linked to subscriptions in the MINT. Here is the path you need to take in the MINT to look the transactions.
Once you login to the MINT click on the recurringbilling under the Tools in the left side of the page.
Then you can see there is data displaying with the title subscription status, click on the tab with name "Transaction status" and you should be able to see the transactions that are declined, pending, approved, and approved amount as well.
Good luck and please let us know if you need help with anything above.
Thank you for the clear response. I have a few questions in regard to numbers 2 and 3.
I must be able to get all of yesterdays transactions and send out the proper email based on the transaction result/and update customers accounts when transactions decline ect.
2 .Can you send me an example in VB.net of how to properly use Webhooks to accomplish what I need to do?
3. Can you please send me a full example of the response XML for the Get Subscription API? The only response I see in the documentation is for a successful tansaction.
Also, with number 3 - Get Subscription list I'd have to go thru every subscription where as the getTransactionListRequest will give me just the transactions that actually took place on the day im looking for (i'd have to first get the correct batch IDs...)
s there a reason you did not suggest this route? Do you think this is the way to go?
Can you please send me a example of the XML response for all scenarios? The documentation only shows a sucessfull tansaction.
All the settlement transactions will have a batchId, and this batch doesn't necessarily contain only subscription transactions, so the API "Get Transaction List" might not suffice your purpose.
I am sorry but I am no VB.net developer and also i would think it's better you create an account for yourself in our sandbox and play around it for different XML outputs and that should give you a better idea about which one will suit for your purpose better.