cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring billing with variable amounts

Our service will have a monthly billing amount, as well as a potential usage fee on top.  The plan was to use AIM with CIM, but when we try to create transactions against the stored payment profiles, they fail due to no card code (CVV) specified.

Is there a way to bill on subscription with variable amounts?

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin

kpgalligan
2 REPLIES 2

To simplify my issue, is there a way to contact an authorize.net developer who would be able to answer this?  By far the most frustrating part of my app dev has been billing, and we're doing some pretty serious coding in the app web built.  I've had a lot of shifty BS with the merchant account applicaitons, and it seems difficult to find clear help with setting up our site and the payment gateway.  I have the strange feeling that the next step is somebody is going to try to sell me consulting services to do the integration, but honestly, there should be some example code somewhere that just says "here, do this"

Rant over.
Anyway, so, can I charge a credit card in CIM without the CVV2 code?  How does this work?
-Kevin

kpgalligan

The CCV code is optional/Conditional unless the account setting is set to required or it set to auto reject on certain condition.