cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Response URL conflicting with Simple Checkout

Hi, would really appreciate some help with the below issue!

I'm trying to set up a simple checkout donation button on my website, and have it link to a default authorize.net receipt page.

However I also have a shopping cart/ecommerce application (Ecwid) running on the same site using SIM.

The shopping cart requires that I set a specific Default Relay Response URL. However this is causing a conlict with the Simple Checkout, and although I've also set a default receipt URL, as long as the Relay Response URL is also set it generates a Relay Response timeout. 

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Deleting the Relay Response URL for the shopping cart fixes the issue with the Simple Checkout, but this then obviously breaks the shopping cart.

Any help/ideas?

joburn
4 REPLIES 4

If the timeout is immediate then it's probably due to SSL negotiation issues with the Relay Response URL.

You can test this by using a non-secure version of the URL--if that works, but the secure version doesn't, then you know what to focus on.

We know of issues with SSL configurations that support Server Name Indication (SNI) and it is possible you may have to use a setup without SNI support if it is critical to use a secure Relay Response URL.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

not sure if this work or not, but you might be able to change the post on the simple checkout,

add

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="x_relay_response" VALUE="FALSE" />

nevermind, just try it and it didn't work

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'm still not entirely sure of the cause (the Relay Response URL that ecwid uses is non-secure to begin with) however I was able to solve it. 

I just disabled its status as default Relay Response URL, but kept it in the list of Response/Receipt URLs. This way both the shopping cart app and simple checkout work as desired.

joburn

Thanks for posting this. I recently experienced the same conflict between the Receipt Page link and Virtuemart's Relay Response URL. I did disable both links as the default URL's by deleting the URL's  but left them in the list.

I was getting a blank page after users completed the simple checkout and now the receipt does appear after the transaction was completed. Virtuemart also captured the purchase in the backend under ORDERS.