cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response Reason Code: 13

I'm setting up a new e-commerce site with an existing authorize.net account.

The new site is a WordPress site, using the Easy Digital Downloads plugin with the Authorize.net extension.  The site is here: http://swcoalition.wpstagecoach.com/store/

When I try to check out, I get the following error message:

AuthorizeNet Error: Response Code: 3 Response Subcode: 2 Response Reason Code: 13 Response Reason Text: The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

I know that the account is active, because I am currently using it on another site.  Authorize.net customer service tells me that my account is compatible with AIM.  I have verified over and over that the API login ID and the Transaction Key that I have saved in the plugin settings match the login ID and transaction key in my account.

What else can I do to get to the root of this problem?  I have contacted the developer of Easy Digital Downloads, and he has not seen this problem with the thousands of other people who are using his software, so I don't think the software is the problem - I think it has something to do with my authorize.net account.

Thanks!

wpalchemy
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @wpalchemy 

This error typically occurs when the API Login and Transaction Key are incorrect, or you are attempting to use the API Login and Transaction Key for your live production account against the sandbox or visa versa.

Is there a setting where you specify the API Endpoint for Easy Digital Downloads?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, @RichardH!

Yes, I know that is the cause of the error... I have both my website and my authorize.net account set to process live transactions, not sandbox/test mode.

There is not a setting in Easy Digital Downloads for the API Endpoint - it only asks for API Login ID and Transaction Key,