cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM integration help

I'm having loads of trouble understanding the process here for using SIM integration payment option, as well as creating a form to do so. I have no experience in online payments and have never created a form to do so. If i'm doing SIM integration, can I just use the hosted payment form on authorize.net's website? If so how to I go about accomplishing this? All I want is a "Click here to pay your bill online" button on my clients website where the customers can go to the payment form(something that looks like the virtual terminal form), and enter their account #, credit card #, address, contact info, and payment amount of their bill. Under "Transaction Format Settings" you can go edit the payment form. How do you get to that payment form? B/c I see where there is a place to customize the form, i.e. header and footer. I want to add my clients logo in the header and go w/ it that way. For now, they just want a simple answer for an online payment option. Struggling to grasp this concept. Thanks for any help. 

blind2uriz
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks a ton again John. Have a good night.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

@blind2uriz wrote:

If i'm doing SIM integration, can I just use the hosted payment form on authorize.net's website? If so how to I go about accomplishing this?

That's exactly what SIM offers. Authorize.Net handles the payment form and SSL encryption for you.

@blind2uriz wrote:

If so how to I go about accomplishing this? All I want is a "Click here to pay your bill online" button on my clients website where the customers can go to the payment form(something that looks like the virtual terminal form), and enter their account #, credit card #, address, contact info, and payment amount of their bill. Under "Transaction Format Settings" you can go edit the payment form. How do you get to that payment form?

You should read the SIM integration Guide as it explains exactly how to do this. You should also check out the sample code Authorize.Net provide as it provides you with functional code that should show you how to implement it.
If you have any specific questions about implementing the sample code or what it says in the guide let us know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

However, you should know that SIM is not set up to allow the customer to enter the payment amount.  That needs to be determined before you ever redirect to the SIM payment form.  In fact it needs to be fixed before you even render the form fields which are submitted to Authorize.Net's SIM form.  There are ways to make this happen, but how depends on the language you are working in.

Dave Parker
IT DevWorks, LLC
Makers of the I-Bill IT libraries for Authorize.net
Blog: http://www.itdaveworks.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rayrad
Site: http://www.itdevworks.com
itdevworks
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Yeah I'm stuck trying to figure this out. Dave do you know how I would accomplish this? I guess I'll use php. The example they gave me was this page.....https://www.trigas-oil.com/FormTemplate.php?page=PayOnline

which you get to that after you click a "pay online" button. Would I set this up with AIM? Or could I still use SIM and get a form looking like the Virtual Terminal looks. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

John

The example you gave is done with something like AIM. You can tell because they are hosting the payment form on their own site. The AIM API requires more work on your end to set up and use but allows you full control over the payment process including fully customized forms and checkout experience. The processing of the payment happens entirely in the background and is transparent to the user.

SIM does offer some customization options but not enough to truly customize the appearance of the form. It's designed to make payments simpler then hosting it yourself (e.g. the name Simple Integration Method").I think you're more or less limited to adding a basic header and footer to the page.

So, if your goal is to make your form look like the virtual terminal you'll need to use the AIM API. If you don't want o host the form or want to keep things as simple as possible use the SIM API. The sample code page I linked to above has code for both. If you want a polished and more advanced version of SIM code you can see this thread which Dave posted some of his own sample code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

For right now I just want a simple form w/  fields like a place to put the customer account #, billing info, CC#, and amount in. Could you help me out with this John? Do you do this kind of thing? And how much do you charge? I want to get this up and going for the client and I just don't have enough time to tinker with it. What I'm getting from the sample code is that you enter an amount before you even hit the "click to pay" button. Then it takes you to the hosted form w/ order information on it. I don't want that order information on there and I need to implement an amount the customer can enter to pay their bill. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

John

With SIM you do need to enter the amount before redirecting to the order form since the SIM for will not capture it for you. If you use SIM it essentially will be a two step process as the first will capture the amount and the second will capture the remaining information. SIM does allow you to remove fields through their control so if you want to remove some of the fields they offer it can be done.

If you want a one step processs, and a fully customizeable form, then AIM is the way to go. Just keep in mind that with AIM you'll need to get an SSL certificate for the website so the payment page is secure.

I do PHP integration for Authnet products. If you want more information just send me an email through the link in my signature.

Ok, thanks John for all your help so far. I think I understand now that I know you can't put an amount on the hosted form and that you need 2 steps. I went to the thread you linked and copied Dave's code over. I have the form set up w/ just an "Amount" field that the customer will fill out and then click the "secure form button" that will take them to the hosted form. Now I was wondering how I put my account credentials into the code I copied. When I enter my login and transaction key into the credentials it gives me the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/s/t/u/stud74/html/exform.php on line 40

Line 40 of that code is where you enter the LiveloginID and transaction key for live login as well as test login.

// Note: The Test account credentials are for my own test account, but you
//       can replace them with your own if you have one.
//
$LiveLoginId = "";
$LiveTransactionKey = "";
$TestLoginId = "*************";
$TestTransactionKey = "******************";

Is there a different set of numbers for both? I tried just replacing the ******* from Dave's code, as he left the Live one's blank, but I still get the error. Thanks for any help.

John

There's a semi-colon missing on the line before it:

$ReturnHomePage = "www.someurl.org";

Thanks John. Now I got the form showing w/ first name, last name, amount, but above that I get this error:

Warning: include(simlib.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/t/u/stud74/html/exform.php on line 76

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'simlib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/s/t/u/stud74/html/exform.php on line 76

I'm not to knowledgeable on coding, obviously as you can tell, so do I need to actually upload simlib.php to my server, if so, how do I go about getting the file. Also when I click the sercure payment form button, says that the page doesn't exist. Will this be something that fixes once I get the simlib.php taken care of? Thanks TONS for all your help.

John