cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Transaction Error

I'm trying to develop doing a SIM transaction.  I'm not even really sure what a good transaction sequence is supposed to look like.  I haven't really been able to find any screenshots or documentation detailing how it works on a successful transaction =b.

Once the transaction is complete, it needs to notify the website that initiated the transaction, so I can update my data.  I'm assuming from reading up that this means I need to use a relay response.

I've gotten it to redirect to the Authorize.net test form, and everything looks good there.  But once I submit the form, I get an error screen:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I also receive an email:

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail developer@authorize.net if you have any questions.
Authorize.Net Developer Center Merchant,
Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it. Transaction ID: 0 Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.
The following message was displayed to the customer: ------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.
This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service. ------------------------------

I'm trying to develop on a localhost.  It's is not accessible from the outside.  Is this why I'm getting this error message?  If so, is there no way that I can develop on a server that is not publically accessible?

rwalker
6 REPLIES 6

I'm trying to develop on a localhost.  It's is not accessible from the outside.  Is this why I'm getting this error message? If so, is there no way that I can develop on a server that is not publically accessible?

You can develop,  just can't test the relay response without a public accessible url

You can fake a relay response post by posting the response to the test url.

Use the http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/ to see the fields name and value.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Gotcha.  I have set that to be the relay URL, and I no longer am getting those error messages.  Does that mean there's no way to have the relay URL point to something not accessible to the internet, such that I will need to develop the page I intend to be using as the relay URL on a publicly accessible page, to ensure that it's working?

Does that mean there's no way to have the relay URL point to something not accessible to the internet, such that I will need to develop the page I intend to be using as the relay URL on a publicly accessible page, to ensure that it's working?

Correct, because for the relay response to work, authorize.net need to post the data to that url. You can test the logic by posting it internally, but there might be server/network setup issue that you can only find with a public relay url.

So I've got a public URL available for testing, but it's still giving me that error.  If I navigate to the URL, the page is publically accessible, there's no errors, and it's http://, so no invalid certificate or anything.  I know my code is correct, because I've gotten the same code to work correctly while pointing to a different URL.  Is there any other reason why I might get this error?

rwalker

I am getting the same error and my store is completely accessible publicly from the web on http.

Using the same woocommerce, paypal works perfectly. There is something wrong with Authorize somewhere. I don;t really want to suggest my customer uses PayPal - I have alreasdy spent 2 whole days on trying to get this ready, PayPal set up in 5 minutes!

Hello @davidraw 

What is the URL for your relay response?

Richard