cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Account & Upload Transaction Files

I have created a Test Account (running in default 'Live' mode' not 'Test' mode).

Using sample file format from the API, I have uploaded a file for AUTH_CAPTURE.

No errors upon upload and a proper File ID is generated.

However, upon viewing Uploaded File Status, any file I upload the current status is: Data Format Status = RUNNING.

And remains there. 'Transaction Process Status' remains 'Not Yet Started'

Is there something I need to initiate the process to get to next step?

As such, I cannot simulate the Auth Capture  process. Nothing is being processed. Nothing is getting settled. And no result file is being created.

Thanks,

Blake

blakester
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Although it's been a while since this question was originally posted, the answer for anyone else experiencing this problem is the current sandbox does not simulate batch processing.  We have added your feedback to our list of requests.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

The documentation says the following, which would seem to indicate that Authorize.net should be processing the transactions starting as soon as they're uploaded. I have no idea why the transactions wouldn't be processed even on a developer account in live mode, have to wait for a mod to explain this one.

As soon as the file has been validated against formatting errors, and the upload is successfully completed, transaction processing begins. The payment gateway scans the file and processes each transaction, line by line. Transactions that require authorization are authorized during this process. The system then inserts the transactions as part of the current batch of unsettled transactions. When the uploaded transaction file finishes processing, a FileID is returned in the Upload New Transaction File pop-up window.

On the Uploaded Transaction File Status page, click the FileID to view a summary of individual transactions. The Uploaded Transactions page appears listing the summary for each transaction contained in the file.

The Uploaded Transactions page will display:
- The payment gateway’s internal transaction ID
- The invoice number associated with the transaction
- The status of each transaction (for example, Successfully Settled, Declined)
- The date and time the transaction was processed
- The customer’s name for the transaction
- The masked payment method for the transaction
- The payment amount for the transaction
- The settlement date for the transaction (if applicable)

TJPride
Expert

Although it's been a while since this question was originally posted, the answer for anyone else experiencing this problem is the current sandbox does not simulate batch processing.  We have added your feedback to our list of requests.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator