cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Testing and Switching Between Live and Test Modes

Hello everyone.

I want to ask about your experience trying the following.

Right now my client's account on Authorize.Net is in "Test Mode".

Our plan is to go to "Live Mode" long enough to test just a few transactions and then go back to "Test Mode".

1. Is there anything we should know before we move forward with this plan?
  2. Does switching between "Test Mode" and "Live Mode" require some wait time? An hour? Minutes? Or is the switching effective immediately?
  3. Can we be assured we can easily go into "Live Mode" and back to "Test Mode" without any issues?
  4. By switching to "Live Mode", are we permanently set in "Live Mode"?

I appreciate your help.

Steve

Steve747
1 REPLY 1

Information on Test mode here: https://support.authorize.net/knowledgebase/Knowledgearticle/?code=000001314

• Is there anything we should know before we move forward with this plan? 

Test mode is just the first state the account starts in automatically, it is meant as a way to test and try the account and transactions processing with out creating real transactions and charge attempts.

• Does switching between "Test Mode" and "Live Mode" require some wait time? An hour? Minutes? Or is the switching effective immediately?

Yes, it is immediate.

• Can we be assured we can easily go into "Live Mode" and back to "Test Mode" without any issues?

Test mode can be turned on and off between Test and Live mode at anytime. Note that any charge transactions submitted in Test Mode are not actually processed and charge and nothing will be funded.

• By switching to "Live Mode", are we permanently set in "Live Mode"?

No test mode can be turned back on at any time.

rajvpate
Administrator Administrator
Administrator